Tuesday, January 30, 2007

from the archives — a page from last year

I won't take credit for any of this no fudging behind this line of cars and the train's not budging
file:///C|/Documents and Settings/writes/no fudging.txt1/18/2007 12:40:47

file:///C|/Documents and Settings/alloy/writes/poem for CB.txt
your poems put me in mind of cannibalism for C.B.
how I do I get into your head and say, "Now I'm Charles Bernstein, what I have to say is what I say." from now on, it isn't going to matter what I say or how it comes. how do I get. maybe teaching or graphomania are the only proper devotions. you out of my head. but the one question I truly want to ask is: are you a calm person?
file:///C|/Documents and Settings/alloy/writes/poem for CB.txt1/18/2007 12:40:47

file:///C|/Documents and Settings/alloy/writes/spiritual
crisis -- or just heartburn.txt
Maybe, maybe... I've been ditching our rabbi's Midrash class on Thursday nights for some time now -- I feel guilty about this because of the social
obligation regular attendance of events like this creates, but spiritually I've lost the ball in the ceiling lights...
What's going on is that I have lost my faith in cycles, and the idea of first/second comings of a Messiah figure indicates a belief that the cycle will bear utopian fruit... if we wait long enough. As Jean-Luc Godard said, "my work is the train, not the station, because I am no longer waiting."
In my case this means I've got itchy feet. Maybe I'll miss
the arrival of
the Kingdom of God/World to Come because I had to go
outside and stretch my legs.
file:///C|/Documents and Settings/u0036695/Desktop/alloy/writes/
spiritual crisis -- or just heartburn.txt1/18/2007 12:40:47

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home