Friday, November 17, 2006

I wrote a past for you

I wrote a past for you
I wrote a part for circus dwarves
I wrote three dozen sensible requests
I wrote nothing that wasn’t in the papers
I wrote with no intention of seeing my name in lights
I wrote and the sound of the words lasted
I wrote after the fact, I wrote fast
I wrote because of the effect
I wrote in the space capsule and watched it rise above the clouds
I wrote young and was young
I wrote the time down but then the clock ran out of ink
I wrote all the memories I hadn’t purged for spite
I wrote a season and then I wrote another one
I wrote because we’re all gonna die, but that doesn’t happen now
I wrote you this but in time you will fade away
I wrote in a book but the book was made of edible materials
I wrote and it wasn’t work it was a house and what’s my address
I wrote about being lost when there was no money in it
I wrote a pretended sign, I wrote a vision
I wrote out of mind ideas, I wrote it kindly
I wrote several out-of-body experiences no one really had
I wrote the young flies don’t pass their wisdom on to the old
I wrote she’s practicing piano across the street again
I wrote nails that come up in the spring we pick them up
and use them for repairing the roof
I wrote all about sarcastic wit and the people who take it seriously
I wrote an anger that cooked for me but didn’t clean the floors

9/2/06

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

be a u t i ful

11/18/2006 2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home